Wednesday, April 11, 2012

BLESSINGS

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, otherwise known as a "Mormon", I try very hard to focus on the blessings in life rather than the turmoils. Of course I'm as human as the next person and I find myself wallowing in my self pitty from time to time. Every six months our church holds a conference. It's broadcast live throughout the world, and we find ourselves looking forward to watching it... it's like the "Mormon Superbowl"! I plan crafts and yummy food to eat to keep myself busy while I listen/watch. It consists of 4 sessions each 2 hours long, 2 session on a Saturday and 2 on a Sunday. It's a beautifully organized "ray of sunshine" to the soul as our latter day prophet, apostles, and leaders of the church give us loving and encouraging advice and reminders on how to better our lives and the lives of others around us. I cannot say how much this last conference has boosted my spirit to recognize the blessings I have around me!
A specific leader, Henry B. Eyering, gave an amazing talk on trials in life. As he was talking I was thinking about all the infertility trials Bart and I have been through, and how Pres. Eyering was right on the money with how we felt and had been feeling in the past. (you can look up this talk on lds.org or even youtube- it's awesome). It also made me reflect on all the good things we have experienced along with this trial. I want you all to know, that as our friends and family we really do cherish our time with you and getting to know you. YOU have been such a blessing in our lives! And your children have meant more to us than we can express. Having said that, pictures seem to speak a thousand words, so I will let them do the talking...

























These are just to name a few... there are so many more of you that we just didn't have the right pictures for.  (lesson learned for me!)  But we love you and we are so grateful for all of you in our lives.  Your children have brought us more joy than you can imagine!  Thank you for being a part of our lives!  You are ALL a blessing to us!

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

What a great post! Blessings are the best

Army Petes said...

I'm so happy that my kiddos and sister made your photo list! We are so lucky to have you!